Praying for the Muslim World
From May 5th to June 4th, hundreds of millions of Muslims around the globe will observe Ramadan, the Muslim month of fasting and prayer.
It’s a time when many Muslims are sincerely seeking God. But it is also often a time of increased pressure for believers from Muslim backgrounds. Here are five things you can pray for Muslims and for believers from Muslim backgrounds during this season.
1. Ask the Lord Jesus to reveal Himself to many Muslims through dreams and visions, through satellite TV and internet channels. Pray that they will meet Christians who can explain to them who Jesus is, and pray that many will find salvation in Him.
2. Pray for believers from Muslim backgrounds who are looking for opportunities to reach out to their Muslim relatives and neighbours during this month. Ask God to give them wisdom and creativity, and pray for protection.
3. Pray for secret believers who have to keep their faith in Christ a secret. They can face extra pressure and questions from families and friends if they fail to take part in fasting and the breaking of the fast. Pray for courage to hold on to Jesus and ask for the Spirit’s discernment to know how to share their faith.
4. Pray for believers who have been ostracized from their families or are prevented from visiting them during Ramadan. They can feel very isolated. Ask the Lord to provide them with Christian fellowship.
5. Many believers continue to meet in small groups for worship, prayer and teaching during Ramadan. Pray for these believers’ safety and for them to be Spirit-filled, so that their witness will draw others to Jesus.
We as Christians are meant to be “the light of the world” (Matthew 5:14) to illuminate and point others to the truth. Let’s pray the Lord will open our eyes to those seeking the truth this Ramadan, so we can point them to Christ who is “the way and the truth and the life” (John 14:6).